Coleman 14×10 Foot 8 Person Instant Tent
The Coleman Instant 8 person 14- by 10- Foot tent is perfect for the family that is looking to get their campsite set up quickly to start enjoying the outdoors. This is an 8 person, two room tent that has straight walls that make standing up in this tent easy with plenty of head room at 6’5″ center height. Fully taped seems with 150D fabric allows Coleman to provide the keeps you dry guaranteed without the need to install a rain fly.Spacious 8-person, 2-room tent designed for quick assembly, 2011 Model
- Footprint: 14 feet x 10 feet
- Center Height: 6 feet 5 inches
- Doors: 2
- Sleeps: 8
- Inner tent: Polyster Taffeta 150D and Polyester Mesh 68D
- Floor: Polythylene 1000D
- Poles: 16-mm, 20-mm and 22-mm steel
- Rainfly: coming soon
- Flysheet Material: Polyster Taffeta 150D
Coleman’s WeatherTec System
Coleman boasts of its Weather System, a series of interworking features that keeps the weather where it belongs outside the tent at all times.
- Wind strong frames. The frames have been more wind-responsive. With the use of redesigned poles that has been engineered to be stronger and guy-out triangles to anchor tents and increase performance.
- Zipper protection. The cuff of the zipper provides extra protection against elements to the door.
- Waterproof floors. The tent floor is strengthened by welding technology. It also eliminates needle holes.
- Protected Seams. Inverted floor seams dramatically increase weather resistance by hiding needle holes inside the tent, away from the elements.
- Weather-resistant Fabric. Coated polyester fabric combined with anti-wicking thread, webbing, and zippers are designed to keep you dry.
- Leak-free Seams. In addition to fully-taped rainfly seams, the rainfly covers doors and windows, and incorporates easy-to-use Velcro frame attachments.
- Fast and easy to set up. The tent is designed to be set up and taken down within 1 minute or less, just the same as the other Coleman Instant tents. The poles are pre-attached to the tent with the click and lock system which makes the tent easy to set up and taken down.
- Well-ventilated. The tent has great ventilation with the presence of large windows at the sides of the tent. It makes it a great tent for summer.
- Can be a two-room tent. A nice addition to this awesome tent is that you can actually make it a two-room tent.
- Not advisable for backpacking. The tent is not really advisable for backpacking because it’s heavy. It would be a burden if used for backpacking.
- Metal pegs are inadequate in high winds. The L-shaped metal pegs are inadequate to high winds. If the wind blows really hard, the tent will slipped out of the pegs causing the tent to partially collapse.
- The carry bag is a bit too small. When you try to put back the tent to the bag after camping, you’ll find it hard to fit it into the carry bag. You’ll have to impolitely shove it if you want to put the tent back into the carry bag.
The Coleman 14×10 Foot 8 Person Instant tent is really a great tent. It is well-engineered and the tent is made of good materials except for the metal pegs and the carry bag.
There are a lot of tents within the price range of $150 to $200 however we find the Coleman 14×10 Foot 8 Person Instant tent as one of the best within the price range. Although the pegs are inadequate, you can still replace it with more substantial pegs that are available in the market.
To conclude, we highly recommend the Coleman 14×10 Foot 8 Person Instant tent however we really don’t recommend it for backpacking. We gave the tent a rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.